We are looking for a proactive and ambitious individual to join our passionate, collaborative and highly successful team in Cardiff as either a Communications Assistant or an Account Executive.
The role is dependent on experience. The Communications Assistant role is entry level and for an initial three month period with a view to becoming permanent. Candidates with experience may be considered for an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive position.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate of Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing Communications and be looking to start their career in PR and comms.
Who we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be highly organised and creative. We need a team player who is flexible, self-motivated and able to manage their own workload as well as being ambitious and eager to learn. But most importantly we want a positive, can-do attitude. We can teach you the rest!
As a Communications Assistant with Folk, you will be supporting our talented team to deliver creative, progressive campaigns that create change and cutting your teeth in this exciting industry by working with household names, innovative, national brands.
Our purpose-led work is underpinned by a shared passion to make positive social change through inclusive communications, giving a voice to causes and communities, and connecting with audiences to ensure everyone feels represented, valued and empowered.
Our clients include Cambridge University, Macmillan Cancer UK, Principality Building Society, Admiral, Welsh Government amongst many others.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– Sourcing and analysing data that educates and engages
– Being in tune with the latest news, tracking client coverage, and flagging trends or hot topics to our team
– Evaluating results and client reporting
– Organised and attention-oriented administration to ensure our projects run smoothly
– Copywriting: drafting stories, comments and social posts for our clients’ brands
– Using Canva, Photoshop, media databases
– Developing interesting, challenging and purposeful story ideas that bring client’s brand into the conversation
– Supporting the team in developing campaigns – bringing creative ideas to the table, and supporting our team as they are brought to life
– Care about the real issues in the world affecting everyday people, including D&I
– An understanding of PR, marketing and communications
– Excellent communication skills
– You’ll know your digital platforms, use them daily, and will always be up-to-date on the news.
– Ambitious, self-motivated person who is able to work well under pressure and manage their own time
– An abundance of positivity and a can-do attitude
– A willingness to learn
– Team player
What we can offer
We invest heavily in our team’s professional growth through education, skills training and individual coaching. There’s a generous training budget, to be used both on developing your existing skills and learning entirely new ones, and we run weekly training sessions on all manner of topics to ensure you fully embed into your new role.
We also pride ourselves on the quality of our work, and anyone who works here is guaranteed to develop a highly impressive CV due to our nationally award-winning work and by working at the only agency in Wales working with national and global clients.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
– 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (33 days total) + bonus work anniversary day off
– Hybrid work pattern with office and home working
– Fast progression depending on performance
– Talent development & tailored progression plan
– Competitive pension scheme
– Membership to industry associations
– Opportunity to work on some of the biggest brands in the UK
– Private healthcare plan
– Additional perk scheme (done a good job? Get your hair done or order a pizza on us!)
– Paid journey days to enable you to take a low-carbon holiday
– Early finish on a Friday
– Regular socials
– Monthly phone allowance
– New business bonus