We’re looking for an ambitious, organised and fearlessly creative Account Manager to join our passionate, collaborative and highly successful team in Cardiff.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about purpose-led work and who wants to make positive social change through inclusive communications, giving a voice to causes and communities, and connecting with audiences to ensure everyone feels represented, valued and empowered.
The successful candidate will work with a mixture of big brands and behaviour change clients, including Cambridge University, Macmillan Cancer UK, Principality Building Society, Admiral, Welsh Government amongst many others. You’ll run effective and inclusive campaigns and programmes that make a difference.
Are you a hands-on team player with big ideas, creativity and enthusiasm? Are you a highly skilled communicator and meticulous project planner? Are you tenaciously results-driven? Do you want to be part of an expanding team with boundless opportunities to grow and progress?
Who we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have 3+ years agency experience as an account executive or senior account executive. You’ll be creative and highly organised, with experience of leading integrated campaigns underpinned by creative and intelligent communications.
You’ll have an excellent background in securing top tier media coverage for your clients and you’ll spot regular opportunities to react to what’s going on in the news. We’re also looking for someone who knows their way around social media and who is actively curious in what brands are up to. And someone who loves building long lasting relationships with clients and becoming an extension of their team.
But most of all, you’ll give a folk about doing really great work and being part of an even greater team.
As an Account Manager at Folk, you’ll be the linchpin of the team responsible for planning, creating and delivering creative campaigns and programmes. You’ll show excellent confidence in writing copy, such as press releases and other content and be at your happiest building relationships, whether with clients or the media.
You’ll get weirdly excited about preparing and delivering on a perfectly organised plan and have perfected the ‘gentle nudge’ to clients and colleagues when you need something done on time. You’ll get a buzz when you see your client’s story in the headlines or when you and your team get the results you said you would. You’ll work closely with your colleagues and be prepared to lend a hand when they need it.
You’ll be an enthusiastic mentor to junior team members and inspire and support them as they grow. You’ll care about your own professional development, too.
Want to explore an area outside of your day-to-day role and skillset? Paid social? Strategy? Budgeting? We’ll teach you!
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– Ownership of and delivery against client project plans
– Copywriting: drafting stories, comments and social posts for our clients’ brands
– Developing interesting, challenging and purposeful integrated campaigns and story ideas that bring client’s brand into the conversation and that get results
– Building relationships with the media and influencers
– Outreach to media and influencers
– Work with clients to make recommendations to improve their PR and social performance
– Keeping an eagle eye on our industry, competitors and your field never missing a trend in PR or social
– Analysing data that educates and engages
– Creating campaign content and assets and managing external third parties
– Being in tune with the latest news, tracking client coverage, and flagging trends or hot topics to our team
– Evaluating results
– Mentoring and supporting our account executives to develop key skills
– Care about the real issues in the world affecting everyday people, including D&I
– Exceptional organisational skills
– Expertise in PR and communications and sound knowledge of the wider marketing mix
– Excellent written communication skills
– You’ll know your digital platforms, use them daily, and will always be up-to-date on the news.
– Ambitious, self-motivated person who is able to work well under pressure and manage their own time
– An abundance of positivity and a can-do attitude
– Team player
What we can offer
We invest heavily in our team’s professional growth through education, skills training and individual coaching. There’s a generous training budget, to be used both on developing your existing skills and learning entirely new ones, and we run weekly training sessions on all manner of topics to ensure you fully embed into your new role.
We also pride ourselves on the quality of our work, and anyone who works here is guaranteed to develop a highly impressive CV due to our nationally award-winning work and by working at the only agency in Wales working with national and global clients.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
– 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (33 days total) + bonus work anniversary day off
– Hybrid work pattern with office and home working
– Fast progression depending on performance
– Talent development & tailored progression plan
– Competitive pension scheme
– Membership to industry associations
– Opportunity to work on some of the biggest brands in the UK
– Private healthcare plan
– Additional perk scheme (done a good job? Get your hair done or order a pizza on us!)
– Paid journey days to enable you to take a low-carbon holiday
– Early finish on a Friday
– Regular socials
– Monthly phone allowance
– New business bonus